Sunday, January 26, 2014

Some Have Gone and Some Remain

Early on, he was an asshole.

Her first few encounters with the old guy whose young smile had adorned her bedroom walls, were disappointing to say the least.

Sexist request #1-someone else she liked, who cried

Sexist insult/yell #2- someone who didn't care

And one day she had a conversation with someone
"it's his complex, not yours"
(JIM?  She liked him when he wasn't trying to pull of the gruff exterior.

Sexist remark, when they were trying to cut a commercial.  He needed a woman's voice.

I should have someone else doing this for me

"Don't look at me, I'm just the talent here,"
Shrugs, he smiles. They crack up.

It certainly helped their friendship that everytime they got annoyed with each other, the world would jump in and offer a joke.

During a formal fight/breaking the ice
Some guy watering his lawn with a hose with his upstage hand.

"See that guy peeing on his front lawn?"


==
He's driving everyone in the van, HENRY.  Hoping they'll make it to the pizza place (she made the wrong reservation, at the wrong place, 20 miles in the wrong direction.

She picked a final request (so proud of herself)
He gets mad.
"Now everyone will think we slept together!"
"That shouldn't bother you, Mr. Lothario!"
I do try to keep some buts of my life respectable.  I'm not one of those guys who's looking to get laid just because my wife left me.  Certainly not with the likes of you!

 "intern" was still a bad word.  So was Monica Lewinsky.






In My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment