Monday, August 8, 2016

We Haven't Met Since Then/Gee

He came to hear her sing for her 40th/50th bday

A dive cabaret in the city. But by definition classier than most places they had played together.

We did a few tracks in the studio, but we just weren't feeling it. (Actually, her voice sounded dead without him. It worked nicely on Not Exactly Paris, but cs depressing otherwise)

Besides, he wanted me to tour to support the album. And I didn't want to tour without you. And you were on that other tour....

I hate to tell you, but your fiancée is gay.

I hate to tell you, we're not getting married. You just surprised me, that's all.

I love that your kneejerk response is slapstick. I love Lucy 

She's good at dealing with the groupies. And taking care of me.

That's good. You need a lot of taking care of.

I was gonna ask----

She covers his mouth quickly

O my god!! Don't you dare!! Don't you dare say you were gonna propose to me.  I don't think I could take it. (She wanted it badly)

I was gonna ask if you wanted a ride home, or to go out somewhere. She wants to get to know you.

No. No. I'm fine. And I'm sure she's great. Maybe someday, some other day when you and I are both happy. I'd love to be friends with her. But not just now, okay?

He goes to leave.

I was the biggest chickens hit for not begging you to stay from thatcvery first day.  You were always too good for me. The more I wanted you, the more I knew I was ruining you. Be glad you can still escape while you can.

They sing something sweet and silly and brief

O Sylvia!
Yes, Micky?

Hey Paul 
Planning a life 4 2

That was the last time before the last time.





No comments:

Post a Comment