Thursday, March 14, 2013

Waitin' for the Train To Come In

We have a whole set of travelin' songs.  We're sittin' in the Grand Waiting Room of the Grand Central Station of some city which I will not be able to remember in a few months.

If you want to know what the song sounds like, I stole it from Jessica Molaskey.  (Here's the song on YouTube)  I think she's gorgeous and has a gorgeous sound.

HE thinks I like her because I sound good in the low register, and that's the voice he prefers me to use when we actually perform. I do, for the most part, yet sadly, I love being a comic and singing in a lot of really goofy voices, especially way up high.  (Plenty of examples like THAT will show up soon, no doubt).

HE stops reading his newspaper, turns to me and smiles.  I think it's because it's just the two of us able to hear it and for once, I'm perfectly on pitch.  I sing the song directly to HIM, to his face.  Usually, I only get a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye, and sing directly to the audience.  Although, I'm always singing to him.  Or about him.

HE happens to be my first ever crush, even from childhood.  Our relationship is a little odd, a matter of a certain three decades that stand between us in age.  You see, I fell in love with him when I was 5 and he was 40.  Well, 20.  The show that I was watching was from 20 years earlier, so I fell for a 20 year old version of him.  But it didn't matter.  It has ALWAYS been HIM that I love.  Even if nothing romantic ever happens between us.  There are lots of ways Love happens.

This is OUR story.

Waitin For the Train-Jessica Molasky


No comments:

Post a Comment